The statistical mode is the number that occurs most frequently in a set of numbers.
To find the mode of a group of numbers:
- Arrange the numbers in order by size.
- Determine the number of instances of each numerical value.
- The numerical value that has the most instances is the mode.
- There may be more than one mode when two or more numbers have an equal number of
instances and this is also the maximum instances
- A mode does not exist if no number has more than one instance.
Example: The mode of 2, 4, 5, 5, 5, 7, 8, 8, 9, 12 is 5.