© Copyright 2006 J. Banfill. All Rights Reserved.Legal Notice
Fourth Grade Hands-On Activities
- Use a scale or balance to determine weight/mass in both
metric units (grams, kilograms) and U.S. customary units (ounces, pounds).
- Measure length in metric units (millimeters, centimeters and meters) and U.S.
customary units (fractions of an inch, inches, feet, yards).
- Measure liquid volume in metric units (milliliters, liters)
and U.S. customary units (teaspoons, tablespoons, cups, pints, quarts, gallons).
- Measure the perimeter of plane geometric figures such as triangles, quadrilaterals,
and irregular shaped polygons.
- Draw points, lines, line segments and rays and understand how they are related.
- Draw lines that are intersecting, parallel and perpendicular.
- Collect data and display in bar graphs with incremental values labeled on
the axes. Include a title and a legend.
- Determine the approximate probability of a given event using materials. For
example, if a bag contains 5 blue marbles and 20 red marbles what is the
probability of randomly picking a blue marble.