© Copyright 2006 J. Banfill. All Rights Reserved.Legal Notice
Kindergarten Hands-on Activities
- Be able to find the value of a group of pennies (or the local smallest denomination
coin) containing up to 20 coins.
- Know the names of the common coins and currency.
- Know the names of common measuring devices and what they measure.
|Ruler||Length||How wide, long, tall or far|
|Thermometer||Temperature||How hot, cold or warm|
|Measuring Cups & Spoons||Volume||How much|
- Know comparative measurement terms.
|Length||longer/shorter, wider/narrower, taller/shorter|
- Know the names of common geometric shapes (circle, square, rectangle, triangle) and
be able to name the shape in any orientation.
- Know how to use tally marks to record the number of a type of event. Be able to
find the total number from the tally marks.
- Sort items into groups or categories by similar properties such as color, shape,
size, material, etc.
- Sort items into groups by using two properties such as size and color, shape
and size or shape and color.
- Determine a pattern and tell what the next event will be. Patterns might include
numbers, letters, shapes, colors, sizes, movements or sounds.
- Learn important numbers such as home telephone number, emergency phone number,
street address and the dates of birthdays and holidays.