© Copyright 2006 J. Banfill. All Rights Reserved.Legal Notice
Third Grade Hands-On Activities
- Count money with a value of $5.00 or less. Use a variety of coins and bills.
- Estimate and measure using common measuring instruments:
- length in inches, feet, yards, centimeters and meters
- liquid volume in teaspoons, tablespoons, cups, pints quarts, gallons and liters
- weight/mass in ounces, pounds, grams and kilograms
- temperature in degrees Celsius and Fahrenheit
- Identify and compare properties of plane and solid geometric shapes; square/cube,
rectangle/rectangular solid, triangle/pyramid, circle/cylinder.
- Draw line segments and angles (acute, obtuse, right) using a straightedge and compass
- Identify and describe congruent and symmetrical two-dimensional
drawn figures using tracing procedures.
- Gather numerical data about a topic and construct a bar graph showing the
results. The bar graph should include a title and a key.
- Read and interpret data represented in bar and picture graphs.
- Recognize, describe, extend and create various types of patterns.
- Determine characteristics of a pattern and create a different pattern with
the same characteristics.