A rectangular prism has 2 ends and 4 sides. Opposite sides have the
same area. The surface area is the sum of the areas of all six sides.
How to find the surface area of Rectangular Prisms:
- Find the area of two sides (Length*Height)*2 sides
- Find the area of adjacent sides (Width*Height)*2 sides
- Find the area of ends (Length*Width)*2 ends
- Add the three areas together to find the surface area
- Example: The surface area of a rectangular prism 5 cm long, 3 cm. wide and
2 cm. high = 5*2*2 + 3*2*2 + 5*3*2 = 20 + 12 + 30 = 62 cm2.